Thursday, November 20, 2008

New Gmail Look

Literally, 10 minutes ago, I walked away from my laptop and had Gmail loaded in my browser. After returning with my hoagie, Gmail had a weird look. All the sudden - Gmail throws a nice box up at the top of my screen that says "Our look has changed, check out the available themes".

Awesome!

Not the themes, per se (although I do like them), but the fact that Google can roll out a major enhancement like this without an explicit and direct communication to all members. Can you picture how much discussion (and scrutiny) this would go through in corporate America?

Not Google, that's the beauty of their products - they roll it, tell you about it and most importantly - give you the ability to go back to the same old if you desire too. Now that's usability...

No comments: